Wanting to study in the United States can be an easy decision to make; however, the realization of that decision requires much knowledge and preparation.
With over 4,000 colleges, universities and prep schools to choose from, making an informed choice can be difficult. Some common questions include:
– What should I expect from a school?
– Which major or courses suit my profile and my goals?
– How do I compare the US/Canadian education level with my current education level?
– What are my accommodation options?
– What are the costs involved?
– How do I secure financing?
At UStudy, we provide expert and personalized advice on the US/Canadian education system to ensure that every single one of our clients receives the best possibilities.
A Complete Guidance Plan:
The first step is an orientation meeting at our office, or via Skype, with both the student and his or her parents if possible. The outcome of this orientation meeting will usually include the following:
- advice about which schools fit well with the student’s background, wishes, and budget
- creation of a thorough, step-by-step admissions plan
- information about the necessary admissions tests, including practice exercises
- all necessary translation work into English (report cards, diplomas, etc.)
- coaching in the creation of an American-style resume
- coaching and editing of your college application essay
- help with the application and financial aid forms
- maintaining contact with the admissions offices of the target schools
- providing the target schools with the client’s European contact information
- discounts on test preparation courses and airplane tickets
- information about the visa request process and insurance
- letter of recommendation for the visa request from the American Consult
Our clients come from a growing number of European countries, with a strong base in Belgium and the Netherlands, where we are headquartered. We have guided clients to a spectrum of colleges and universities throughout the United States at all levels, from good community colleges to Ivy League universities. Click here for an overview of schools where our clients have been accepted.
How Are We Different:
At UStudy, we pride ourselves in being the premier, independent educational consultancy for US/Canadian education in Europe.
Personalized – we create a complete and personalized guidance plan for each client. It begins when the student tells us his or her goals, and finishes when he or she is accepted at a school in the US/Canadian. In between, we are by your side coaching, advising and guiding you in succeeding in your goal.
Flexible – there is no “one size fits all” plan for everyone. Each and every one of our clients has all 4000+ schools in the US or Canada to choose from, and we work with individual school’s deadline (not one set for our own convenience!). We also succeed in what some consider ‘difficult’ placements such as last minute enrolments, addressing concerns about learning disabilities and helping our clients seek funding options.
Expertise – we are extremely knowledgeable and up to date in the area of US/Canadian education for interested students. We also succeed in matching talented student-athletes with great schools that will challenge and fulfil them not just in their field of sport but also academically.
Empower and guide – ultimately, the client (not UStudy) decides to which schools he or she wishes to apply. Moreover, the student must do his or her share of the application work, such as taking various admissions tests and writing admissions essays. A UStudy coach will work one on one to empower and guide each client with clear instructions (and examples) on successfully completing each task at hand via the client’s personal action plan. Throughout the entire process the UStudy coach, the student, and the parents keep in regular contact via e-mail, telephone and in person.
Travel preparation – we suggest that students who need more support in figuring out what they want to do, and in particular in deciding if they want to study in the United States or in another country, first contact Weg-Wijze in The Hague, The Netherlands. Students who require a residency visa or a visa other than the regular F-1 study visa (an internship or work visa after graduation, for example) should contact VisaVersa in Alblasserdam, The Netherlands.
“UStudy has been instrumental in finding the right university in the US for my daughter and thru her contacts arranging a field hockey scholarship as well. It would have been near to impossible to arrange all this without her specialised knowledge and contacts.
If you are interested in studying in the US, there is only one way to go…UStudy!!”
Can we help you make your study dreams come true?
Or contact us on:+31 (0)70 385 1473 (business days between 10 am and 4 pm) and email: firstname.lastname@example.org